Confessions of a Broken Heart

Fighting doesn't solve shit. The old me would've went and killed those sons of bitches. Now, fighting, causing someone pain, being supirior to them.. doesn't appeal to me like it use to. It wont get me a better home, better lives for my friends and family. Fighting wont keep douche guys from breaking my friends hearts. It wont make my dad sober and love me and Steve. It'll only get us jailed and hospitalized and killed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I said, Hey babe lets go for a walk.
It was dark out. Just nearly 11:30, so kinda early. We walked around downtown, just talking.

There was this gang. About 5 big guys. They started sayin' shit to me and Travis got all mad. He picked a fight, I fought to. They had switches, they pulled one on Travis. Neither of us had weapons. It was a dumbass move. Anyway, they were fightin' and I was tryin' to get the blade away from that one guy and then the air is filled with the sound of a gunshot.

Everyone went still. There was this one thud. My heart sank. I knew who it hit before I saw. The gang ran off. I rushed to Travis. He was just laying there. In his own puddle of blood that got bigger and bigger as the minutes ticked by. I fell to my knees and pulled him into my arms. His body was weak, but his eyes still flashed up to my face. Under his clothes, I felt his muscles, they were very tense and working hard to keep him up. Tears were streaming down my face. My gut told me this was it. It was his time. I fucking hated that feeling. I was helpless and couldn't end his suffering myself.

His eyes began to fade. His body got weaker and weaker. Then limp. His head fell back and the blood just kept ozing from his body. It was weird. Just holding him. I couldn't let go, I didn't want to. But holding him like that... To be holding something that was once so alive, that I've held many times, and has always been alert. Even when asleep, never this limp. He was just... gone. He didn't look asleep. He didn't look peaceful. His dead eyes were open and staring off while his mouth hung open slightly.

The cops eventually came. I couldn't talk to them. Just wrote down his parents phone number. I didn't know what I was gonna do. But I was taken home once his parents got there. I mean, home as in his place. They respected me and aloud me to just go to bed, in the morning I told them what happened.

I used to think I had it all together. I only could cry at night but no one saw me or heard so I was safe. During the daylight hours I'd be happy and fine. I used to think that, until Travis's mom gave me that hug. I don't tend to like hugs because they mean either goodbye or that something really bad had happened. When she hugged me, I broke. I fell right apart in her arms. I cried so hard I gave myself a migrain. I never felt like that before.

It doesn't even feel like he's gone. But at the same time it does. It hasn't been that long, but it feels like forever. When I close my eyes all I see is his dead body. It's so fucking clear. I try to think back on times when he was smiling, laughing, telling me his thoughts while he stared off into space.. it's hard though. I cry most of the time when I think about it. And he's pretty near the only thing I'm thinking of lately. It's barely been 3 months. Which isn't that long. But I really did love him. I could see us together until we were old and grey, shaking our fists at little kids screaming "YOU ROTTEN KIDS!". We were never going to get married, but we were going to get celtic tattoo rings to bind us together forever.

It was a terrible mothers day for his family. I can't imagine what his mom had to go through. I don't want to either.

I don't want any of that "ohmyshit I'm so sorry" crap. Because none of you did anything. It was that gang. But I don't know when I'll be home, or if I will come back. I'm sorry. I'm sorry all of you, but I don't know what to do. I need to clear my head. I love you all.

Carson, R.I.P. Travis.

12 comments:

Angelica Winston said...

Car, you don't have to apologize. You deserve to be able the figure things out for yourslef. No matter how long that takes you, we will still be here for you.

Carson Randle said...

Thank you Jelly. :].

Anonymous said...

Oh my god Car...I don't know what to say, if I can't say i'm sorry. I know it doesn't help. I hope you get through this okay. I'm always here. Love you, and hopefully you'll come home soon. May Tavis rest in peace.

Jamie said...

Yeah jelly is right car......do what you need to do.
And about Travis....i dont know what to say....never got to meet him.

May he rest it peace and know that you will always love him....

J.A said...

u'll get thru to anything car as long as u believe u can, remember in the book where johnny said to pony "stay gold,stay gold" just remember Travis was an angel sent to u to make u happy thats a gold that will always stay with him, may Travis RIP like jells said take all the time u need. cuz either way we will be here for u

Kitty Curtis said...

Carson, sometimes things happen in life that we don't understand or not even try to understand. It may be hard to accept, but I look at it this way. He came to earth and his purpose in life was accomplished. Maybe it wasn't the way you wanted him to die, but God wanted it to happen that way. And besides, you now have another special angel looking out for you.

Carson Randle said...

Thanks guys. It really means a lot. I might just have to cavoid home for a while longer because y'all will be all mushy.. XD
and Kit, another? Are you implying that theres more things up in the sky watching every move I make?

Kitty Curtis said...

Yep. That's just exactly what I meant.

Dally Winston said...

I don't know what to say man...

Anonymous said...

Gosh Car....

J.A said...

carson again im really sorry (this is jannill) im sooo HAPPY UR BACK but im still very sorry about travis i hope ur ok

Emmy Elizabeth Levesque said...

Gosh Carson.. ai hope your ok.

Post a Comment